As a programmer at Fog Creek Software, you will help design, develop, and implement the code for our award winning products.
We are looking for a developer to join our Dev Tools team, and we're happy to consider remote applicants. So, if you're happily settled in Crested Butte, CO, but ready to turn out a steady stream of customer facing improvements to our Dev Tools products, you may be the perfect addition to the team.
Whatever technologies, languages, or development environments you've been using, we expect you have mastered them in depth, and we expect that you will be able to master any technology, language, or development environment that we need in the future.
If you're reading this, and love to code, but maybe don't think the product developer position is for you, you might find you'd enjoy being a Support Engineer.
- Incredible coding skills. Your programming ability is way above average, as demonstrated by a continuous string of successful projects.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Remote allowed
All of Fog Creek's technical teams are geographically distributed. Every meeting takes place online (using chatrooms and Google Hangouts), and almost all of our work-related communication takes place on the Internet. That means that you can work from almost anywhere in the world, provided:
- You have access to broadband, stable, low-latency Internet, suitable for videoconferencing
- You have a dedicated, quiet place to work
- Your workday overlaps New York afternoons (1700 - 2200 GMT)
- We have a way to pay you legally wherever you live
- Competitive salary
- Free gym membership
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Profit-sharing plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Four weeks paid vacation
- All-expense-paid technical conferences
... and while you're in New York:
- Free MetroCard
- Free lunch
- Free soft drinks and snacks
About Fog Creek Software
Fog Creek Software is a small, entrepreneurial software company in New York City founded in 2000. Our key products are Trello, FogBugz, Kiln and Copilot; all four have been very successful. We bootstrapped ourselves without outside investment and have been profitable from the beginning.
Fog Creek Software, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com, attaching a current resume in HTML, Word, Plain Text or PDF format. In the body of the email, explain why you would be a good fit for this job. If you have a website, send us the URL.