We love great design and we know how important it is.
This is not just a job; it's a mission. It is a chance to work with the best developers, impart your vision, and create awesome new products. It's also an opportunity to refine our existing award winning software that has just celebrated a decade of success. Your work will be seen by hundreds of thousands of users at over 15,000 companies in more than 120 countries.
You're the one we're looking for if...
- You have incredible design talent and you can write code too. We want someone who can help build what they design.
- You believe that good design is about much more than just 1px bevels and subtle gradients. It's all about problem solving.
- You have an impressive portfolio of projects that you've worked on from mock-ups to real, customer-facing web-applications.
- You have a long track record of great teamwork – although you also have the ability to work independently and drive projects to completion.
- You might even have some serious illustration skills, dabble in print design, or contribute to an open source project or two.
Over the past year our design team has:
- Developed the responsive, front-end framework for Trello
- Worked side by side with developers to write specs for new FogBugz, Kiln and Trello features.
- Wireframed and built an iPhone app.
- Reviewed customer feedback emails and usage stats and suggested interface and interaction improvements based on the data.
If you work with us, you can expect a similarly diverse array of projects. You'll be a part of a great team of extremely smart designers and developers who care deeply about good design and are willing to invest in it, and a management team that will give you all the support you need.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Permanent legal right to work in the US
- This position is in our office in New York City. No telecommuting.
- Competitive salary
- Free gym membership
- Free MetroCard
- Free lunch
- Free soft drinks and snacks
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Profit-sharing plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Four weeks paid vacation
- All-expense-paid technical conferences
About Fog Creek Software
Fog Creek Software is a small, entrepreneurial software company in New York City founded in 2000. Our key products are FogBugz, Kiln, Trello, WebPutty and Copilot; all have been very successful. We bootstrapped ourselves without outside investment and have been profitable from the beginning.
Fog Creek Software, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com, attaching a current resume and a link to your portfolio. In the body of the email, explain why you would be a good fit for this job. If you have a website, send us the URL.